Project "smart city Wien"
The first round of the two-stage call for proposals launched by the Austrian Climate and Energy Fund, entitled "Smart Energy Demo - fit4set", was successfully completed. This first call supported the formation of consortia with transnational connections and the development of smart city visions and concepts. The submission period closed on 31 March 2011. A total of 30 projects were submitted for funding. Approved projects will receive a maximum funding amount of 100,000 euro each. After the projects have been evaluated by an international jury, the board of the Climate and Energy Fund will decide at the end of May which project proposals will be granted funding. The requested total funding amount of 2.9 million euro is intended to trigger investments of 4.7 million euro in Austria.
The City of Vienna,
- under the lead of Municipal Department 18 for Urban Development and Planning,
- in collaboration with Municipal Department 20 for Energy Planning,
- in cooperation with its project partners
- Wiener Stadtwerke Holding,
- Wien 3420 Aspern Development AG,
- Siemens AG Österreich,
- Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal GmbH / Austrian Institute of Technology,
- raum & kommunikation GmbH,
- Vienna University of Technology,
- Energieinstitut der Wirtschaft GmbH
- and supported by TINA VIENNA Urban Technologies & Strategies GmbH,
has submitted the project "smart city Wien" under the 1st call "Smart Energy Demo - fit4set" of the Austrian Climate and Energy Fund.
The kickoff meeting of the project team was held on 15 April 2011. An important element of this project is a stakeholder process, which is to be implemented at a total of three stakeholder forums. The first forum addressed a "Smart Energy Vision 2050" for Vienna and took place on 23 and 24 May 2011.
TINA VIENNA supports the project applicant MA18 in the field of project coordination.
Press release of the Austrian Climate and Energy Fund of 6 April 2011, Mag. Katja Hoyer, email@example.com
Invitation to the 1st Stakeholder Forum
Gaby Schinko, MBA
Tel. +43 1 4000 84278
Fax +43 1 4000 7997